Here at The Giving Experts, we take our charities seriously and have spent many hours looking through portfolios of charities around the world. We use Charity Navigator to view all their financial statements to better understand how they use their income. An “Approved Charity” with us means they meet all of the following requirements.
5 key points:
- They must have an approval rating on Charity Navigator of at least 3 stars.
- They must be 95% transparent in their documentation
- They must use 70% or more of their income for their programs
- Their Administrative Costs cannot exceed 20% of their budget
- Their leadership (CEO, CFO, etc) cannot make over $200,000/year
If you have a request to add on a charity to our checkout process, please understand that while we would like to add as many as possible, they must meet the above requirements. This ensures we are giving to ethical and honest programs that are actually out helping the world instead of deceiving it. We will always keep our standards high so that you, our giving community, can purchase your products with confidence.
Contact us at: email@example.com to add on an approved charity that meets these requirements.